Inspired by Nature
All natural fibers create beautiful and delicate pieces of art that are both wearable and sustainable.
What is Eco Printing?
Eco printing is the process of applying plants to textiles and extracting the dyes to create colors and patterns. A flower or leaf is placed onto a textile and rolled up into a bundle where it is then steamed for a certain length of time until the plant’s dyes have released and fused to the textile in the original shape of the flower or leaf.
Eco printing is unique because there is no way to truly replicate an eco print on a textile… Each print is different. Every piece is UNIQUE.
Not all plants work well for eco printing, and of the ones that do, they won’t always come out the same as before.
It is a one-of-a-kind work of art!
All natural fabrics can be dyed naturally as cotton, silk, linen, wool
Application of botanical eco-printing could be done on fabric, scarfs, t-shirts, pillowcases, linen and cotton bags, and much more inspirations.
- Fill a basin with cool water & a small amount of pH balanced soap.
- Swish felted item around in the water being careful not to pull on it especially if it s thin or Nuno felt.
- Gently rinse under running water.
- Squeeze gently and lay out on a clean bath towel. Roll up and squeeze the entire towel to remove excess water.
- Unroll and reblock by gently tugging into shape. Be very careful especially if it is thin or Nuno felt.
- Felt is very strong when dry but can be vulnerable to tearing if pulled to hard or felted additionally if handled too much when wet.
Eco printed fabric
- Fill a basin with cool water and a small amount of pH-balanced soap.
- Place fabric in the basin & swish around carefully.
- Rinse thoroughly, line dry, and steam press if needed.